Friday, May 30, 2008

As God Is My Witness, I'll Never Sit on the Floor Again

Our stuff arrived. Thank the fates. I just...I just want all of you who read this...I just want you to go home tonight and before you hug your children and before you hug your spouse, I want you to hug your stuff. I know we're not supposed to be materialistic and prize objects over anything else, but damn it, stuff just makes life better. So, hug your chair and hug your bed and hug your silverware. Do it!

It's been a looooong day. And our movers were great! Our driveway is a steep and narrow tree-lined pathway, so the moving truck couldn't come down to the house. They had to park up on the street level and carry everything down the steep hill, drop it off, then climb back up the hill for more. They were such troopers. I think I would have taken one look at that hill and just kept driving. I drive up the hill to get the mail every day.

So now, we're going to be unpacking for a while. Each box I open feels like Christmas. We haven't seen our stuff since the beginning of May, so I had forgotten how fabulous all my shoes are.

Tonight we're going to Sante, a wine bar, to relax, have some wine and cheese and take a deep breath. We'll finish unpacking tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: